Brandon, MB – The City of Brandon’s Streets and Roads Section would like to remind all Brandon residents and motorists that the provision for overnight parking restrictions on all signed seasonal snow clearing routes will soon come into effect.
As per the City of Brandon Traffic By-law, overnight parking along such identified routes between the dates of November 15th and March 31st annually is prohibited if a snow plowing/removal notice has been issued for the specific route by the City of Brandon. These routes are as follows:
- Rosser Avenue, from 1st Street to 18th Street (Midnight to 7 a.m.)
- Rosser Avenue, from 18th Street to 34th Street (Midnight to 8 a.m.)
- Rosser Avenue East, from 1st Street to 13th Street East (Midnight to 8 a.m.)
- Princess Avenue, from 1st Street to 18th Street (Midnight to 7 a.m.)
- Princess Avenue, from 18th Street to Whillier Drive (Midnight to 8 a.m.)
- Princess Avenue East, from 1st Street to 13th Street East (Midnight to 8 a.m.)
- Ninth Street, extending from Pacific Avenue to Princess Avenue (Midnight to 7 a.m.)
- Tenth Street, extending from Princess Avenue to Pacific Avenue (Midnight to 7 a.m.)
- Louise Avenue, extending from 13th Street to 18th Street (Midnight to 8 a.m.)
Snow plowing/removal notices are issued by the City of Brandon to its website and through its social media platforms, and notification is also provided to Brandon’s local media outlets. However, residents who wish to receive direct email notifications prior to the implementation of such parking bans can sign up for this service by visiting www.brandon.ca/snow-routes.
Residents are also reminded that the best way to stay up-to-date on all regular snow plowing activity on City of Brandon streets is by regularly visiting snowmap.brandon.ca. The City of Brandon’s interactive snow clearing website map is updated after a snowfall to show when snow plowing or snow removal activity is scheduled along a snow route, along a priority route, within various residential zones, or in a back lane. All residents are encouraged to visit snowmap.brandon.ca and “Know Your Zone” ahead of a snow-plowing event. You can also access the map on your Apple device via our “My City” app, available for FREE download via the Apple App Store.
For further information on City of Brandon Snow Routes or its snow-clearing procedure, contact the City of Brandon Streets and Roads Section at 204-729-2285.