BRANDON – Brandon University Athletics is proud to announce their 2018 Wall of Fame inductees, which includes nine individuals and two teams.
The 2018 induction class includes:
- Courtney Bailey Athlete: Basketball (1983-1988)
- Earnest Bell Athlete: Basketball (1999-2001)
- Bob Caldwell Community Leader: Hockey (1973-1975)
- Lynda Kidd Chorley Athlete: Basketball (1964-1966)
- Linda Edwards Forsyth Athlete: Basketball (1979-1982)
- Bruce Gullett Community Leader: Hockey, Football (1961-1965)
- Brian Pallister Community Leader: Basketball (1974-76, 1979-80)
- Euan Roberts Athlete: Basketball (1991-1996)
- Marie Rohleder Athlete: Basketball (1983-87, 1988-89)
- Bobcat Men’s Basketball Team (1979-80)
- Bobcat Women’s Basketball Team (1980-81)
The Dick and Verda McDonald Sports Wall of Fame is located on the second level of BU’s Healthy Living Centre. The display features nostalgic memorabilia from past teams and athletes of Brandon University and Brandon College.
Tickets for the Wall of Fame brunch on Saturday, October 13 can be purchased from the Customer ServiceDesk at the Healthy Living Centre for $50.
Tables of eight can be reserved for $350, and those travelling from outside of Brandon can reserve tickets by calling (204) 727-7354.
The 2018 Wall of Fame induction ceremony is part of a Bobcat/College Cap basketball reunion scheduled for October 11-14. The Wall of Fame and reunion weekend also coincides with a special celebration for BU. Homecoming 2018 will pay tribute to the 50th anniversary of the inaugural class at Brandon University.
Profiles for each inductee can be found here.