Brandon, MB – The City of Brandon’s Emergency Response Control Group recognizes the importance of re-establishing vital, in-person services for its residents, while continuing to follow current Provincial Public Health Orders and restrictions outlined in the Critical level (red) #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Brandon City Hall (410-9th Street) and Civic Services Complex (900 Richmond Avenue East) has re-opened to the general public with limited in-person services as 8:30 a.m. on of Wednesday, January 27, 2021.
CITY HALL (410 – 9th Street)
Services provided in person by offices on the main floor of City Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday:
· Economic Development
All other services in City Hall are available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. For a list of services, please visit brandon.ca/doing-business-with-us.
To ensure services can be delivered in a way that is both safe for City Hall staff and customers, several protocols have been developed for safe interactions, including:
· Limiting all entrance to City Hall via the north door located along Louise Avenue ONLY;
· The presence of a Public Access Coordinator at the north door entrance to monitor public needs;
· Mandatory handwashing or appropriate application of hand sanitizer BEFORE proceeding to service counters;
· Adherence to the established system of arrows, safe physical distancing markers, and stanchions installed in the foyer of City Hall, with a maximum capacity of 33 persons in the foyer space at any one time;
· The presence of Plexiglas shields at all public service counters;
· Extra cleaning of commonly-touched surfaces;
· ‘Health Check’ verbal questionnaire for any visitor proceeding past established front counters.
CIVIC SERVICES COMPLEX (900 Richmond Avenue East)
Individuals attending the City of Brandon Civic Services Complex are asked to respect all signage, directional markers and the Plexiglas barriers that have been put in place for the safety of all. Visitors must make use of the hand sanitizer available in the building’s front entrance prior to engaging with customer service staff. Please note that hours of public access at the Civic Services Complex are currently 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
OTHER CIVIC FACILITIES THAT REMAIN OPEN TO PUBLIC ACCESS WITH MODIFIED SERVICES
· Brandon Transit (21 – 8th Street) open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
· Brandon Police Service (1020 Victoria Avenue) open 24/7 with a screening at the entrance
· Brandon Municipal Airport (405 Agnew Drive) open Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Eastview Landfill (765 – 33rd Street East). There are no changes to the residential sanitation collection schedule.
CIVIC FACILITIES THAT REMAIN CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS
· A.R. McDiarmid Civic Complex (638 Princess Avenue)
· Parks Complex (2020 McGregor Avenue)
· Brandon Community Sportsplex (30 Knowlton Drive)
· Brandon Fire & Emergency Services / Provincial E-911 Dispatch Centre
(Fire Hall No. 1: 120 – 19th Street North & Fire Hall No. 2: 321 – 13th Street)
· Municipal Water Treatment Plant (108 – 26th Street North)
· Brandon Cemetery Administration Building (1901 – 18th Street)
· Eastview Landfill Administration Building (765 – 33rd Street East. Please note that the Eastview Landfill remains open winter hours)
Any member of the public that is feeling unwell or are exhibiting ANY COVID-19-related health symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) SHOULD NOT attend to any City of Brandon facility and should, instead, visit sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool or contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 for advice. City of Brandon staff will also be expected to adhere to these Shared Health guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
Information on the City of Brandon’s COVID-19 pandemic response can be found at brandon.ca/covid-19-updates.
(City of Brandon PSA)