Rhonda Pardy is the Owner-Operator at Tim Hortons Westman & Area. She is a former winner of the Brandon Chamber of Commerce’s Business Person of the Year award. Tim Hortons Westman & Area will open their 10th location on Tuesday, June 1 on the corner of Richmond and First street. The first Timmies location opened in Brandon (18th Street) in November of 2001.
1. What do you consider the ultimate comfort food: Spaghetti and the sauce has to be my Mom’s recipe
2. What is your favourite movie soundtrack of all time: Saturday Night Live. It’s impossible to stay sitting when those tunes start playing.
3. For your next vacation you can only visit a place that starts with the first letter of your first name. Where are you going: ROME!! Yes PLEASE!
4. Least favourite household chore: It would be a tie between shovelling snow and hauling out the garbage bins in the winter.
5. What’s the tallest building you have ever been to the top of: Empire State Building. I LOVE New York City!
6. What songs take you back to your teen years: I was a teen in the 80’s so all the best music takes me back! Bryan Adams, Journey, Whitney Houston,
Foreigner, Michael Jackson. The list is endless and I still listen to 80’s music a lot.
7. An object/item you still own from your childhood: I have my childhood bible gifted to me by my grandparents.
8. First job: I became a cashier at Canadian Tire at 13 years old. My ‘Mom and Dad’ bosses were the best role models and life teachers I could ever ask for but the pay was terrible.
9. Three most commonly used apps on your phone: Spotify, Facebook and the weather network
10. What piece of advice would you give to young entrepreneurs: Work hard, take risks, save money, go the extra mile and make sure to have some fun!
11. Early riser or night owl: Very early riser
12. Heels, flats or sneakers: cannot wait for a reason to be in heels again but I’m usually wearing flats.
13. What are three words you would use to describe living in Brandon: Community Support, Safe, Home
14. Dolphins or koalas: Dolphins – preferably watching from a sandy beach
15. What does your work station/desk look like right now: My home office desk has several piles of papers, an adding machine, a candle, a calendar with friends pictures on it, a protein shake and a pen. Underneath that mess though is my Mom’s previous desk from Canadian Tire, refinished by my son so I have a full heart every time I sit down.
16. What food were you forced to eat as a child and still refuse to eat today: Pork and Beans. Yuck! I’m sure I had to sit at the table until dark trying to get them down. For the record, my brother loved them and would ask if we could have them often. I’m still planning my revenge on him.
17. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day: Ummm….I’ll take the fifth on that one. Lol. (My Mom will probably read this!)
18. If you could raid one celebrity’s closet who would it be: One of the actress’s from the tv series Suits.
19. Favourite actor or actress: Julia Roberts, Ryan Gosling,
20. What’s your favorite condiment: Ranch Dressing