Heritage Co-op is pleased to announce the purchase of one Husky retail fuel site. This site, located in Brandon at 102 Rosser Ave, allows us to expand our reach in Brandon.
“We are so proud to share this announcement today. As a Co-op, we are focused on investing in our communities and bringing value to our Members,” said Dennis Laing, General Manager, Heritage Co-op, “Adding this site to our fuel network signals our commitment to growing and serving our community for the long term.”
This site was purchased from Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) as part of its agreement to acquire 171 Husky retail fuel sites from Cenovus Energy Inc., which was announced in November 2021. Heritage Co-op will officially take ownership of this site when the deal is expected to close on March 31.
This fuel site will continue to operate under the Husky brand until it is re-branded as Co-op.
- My Husky Rewards members can still earn and redeem points on all applicable transactions at Husky-branded sites
- Husky Gift Cards can still be redeemed at any Husky-branded site as a form of payment, but can no longer be purchased
- Co-op Members will not be able to use their Co-op numbers at this new location until it is branded as Co-op.
- The first step in this process is to transfer ownership of this Husky site to our Co-op.
- The Husky retail site will continue to operate as Husky in the short term and Guests can expect the same products and services when they visit this site.
- Over time, this site will be converted to Co-op. We will update our Members and Guests in advance of that change taking place.
- Co-op Members also benefit from this acquisition. All local Co-op associations are owned by their Members. Over the last five years our Co-op returned more than $31.7 Million in patronage allocations to Members who shop at our locations. This is money that goes back into our communities. That is, and will continue to be, a strength of the Co-operative Retailing System. The acquisition will further support our Members and our communities.
(Heritage Co-Op News Release)