Westoba Credit Union is proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of the Manitoba 150
– Tour 150 art exhibit. Tour 150 will travel across the province to communities this summer (and for years to come!) in celebration of Qaumajuq, the new Inuit art centre at the Winnipeg Art Gallery, with vehicle support from Birchwood.
The custom retrofitted tour vehicle, named Nakatamaakewin [na-kah-tah-MAA-kaywin], a Michif name gifted by Language Keeper and Elder Verna Demontigny meaning “to leave something behind,” will bring a culturally rich and diverse display of art to communities across the province.
The vehicle is wrapped in the beautiful artwork of local Inuit artist Kailey Sheppard and depicts the natural beauty of our province. Inside is a collection of Inuit art in soapstone, felt, print, textiles, and other materials.
Westoba will host this event in the following communities:
• The Pas – Thursday, July 29th, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
• Brandon Kirkaldy Branch – Tuesday, August 10th 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
• Rivers – Thursday, August 12th 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
• La Riviere – Thursday, August 26th 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
This is a free event, open to everyone