In response to the November 12th Public Health Act Orders released by the Province of Manitoba, the following COVID-19 vaccine requirements will be in effect at Brandon’s Community Sportsplex as of Monday, December 6th, 2021.
Vaccine Requirements For 12 – 17 Years of Age (New)
Persons who are at least 12 years of age but have not reached 18 years of age must produce*:
- Proof that they have received at least one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine for COVID-19, as shown on a government issued immunization record,
- Manitoba Immunization Card or QR Code, or
- Proof of a negative Rapid Antigen COVID-19 test within the previous 72 hours that is confirmed by a pharmacist.
Persons must also provide government issued photo identification (Driver’s License, Passport, Manitoba Identification Card etc.), or school issued ID.
Vaccine Requirements For 18+ Years of Age (Continued From Previous Orders)
Persons must produce proof that they are fully immunized*. This includes the following:
- Manitoba Immunization Card or QR Code
- National Defense Canada Covid-19 Vaccine Record / Card
- Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) Travel Vaccination Record
- An official document issued by a Canadian province or territory containing information of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination history Provincial Immunization Record Samples (pdf) International travelers: Immunization documentation submitted to Canadian border service officials and government-issued photo identification that confirms their citizenship.
Persons must also provide government issued photo identification (Driver’s License, Passport, Manitoba Identification Card etc.).
* Exemptions From Restrictions
- Persons under the age of 12 years of age
- Persons who produce proof from the government that there is a medical reason for the person not to receive a vaccine for COVID-19. A digital QR Code or a Manitoba immunization card must be presented for verification. Below is a link explaining the different types of medical exemptions:
The entire Brandon Community Sportsplex Return to Play document can be found here.
The City of Brandon is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents and employees. Individuals visiting any civic facility are asked to respect the principles of social distancing, hand sanitizing, physical barriers, wearing masks and self-assessment criteria that have been put in place for the safety of all.
Any member of the public that is feeling unwell or are exhibiting ANY COVID-19-related health symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) SHOULD NOT attend any City of Brandon facility and should, instead, visit sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool or contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 for advice.
(City of Brandon PSA)