A chimney fire occurred in a residential structure on the corner of 13th St and Lorne Ave Saturday afternoon. Brandon Fire and Emergency Services, along with Brandon Police Service, attended the scene.
Due to the height and position of the chimney, a ladder truck was utilized to allow firefighter/paramedics to safely access the chimney. Fire crews used a chimney brush, along with a combination of water and foam to help clear and extinguish any fire in the chimney.
Fire crews had to work in -23 degree temperatures, with the wind making it feel more like -28. Fire crews were still on scene as of 6:15 Saturday evening.