Brandon, Manitoba – Len Isleifson, MLA for Brandon East, today announced that the Manitoba Government is investing in community-based training and employment services in the Brandon East constituency.
“I am pleased that our Progressive Conservative government is investing in employment and training services in our constituency,” said MLA Isleifson. “This investment will help unemployed and low-income Manitobans in the community learn new skills to improve their employment opportunities. By connecting Manitobans looking for work with jobs that are in-demand, our government is delivering on our commitment to improve people’s lives while growing our local economy.”
Through this investment from Manitoba Education and Training, the Manitoba Government will be providing $1,591,444.00 for eight projects in Brandon East. Projects being funded include:
- Assiniboine Community College Strive Finding Your Place In the Work World
- BNRC BEEP Program.
- Community Futures Self Employment Program.
- CARM Carpentry Trade Qualification Program.
- Samaritan House Ministries
- Age Is An Asset
- Employment Resource Centre
- Holistic Approach To Training Computer & Literacy Programs
- Walker Business Services
- Westman Immigrant Services Employment Project
The investments in Brandon East are part of an overall investment of $25 million supporting 86 projects across Manitoba.