BRANDON – Brandon University Athletics is proud to announce their 2017 Wall of Fame inductees, which includes eight individuals and two teams.
The 2017 induction class includes:
- Neil Andrews Community Leader: Football (1965-1966)
- Debbie Baker (nee Morris) Athlete: Basketball, Field Hockey (1975-1980)
- Karen Dunbar (nee Anderson) Athlete: Basketball, Field Hockey (1968-1972)
- Peter Hagberg Athlete: Football (1969-1973)
- Doug Hedley Athlete: Hockey (1977-1982)
- Lorne Lagimodiere Athlete: Football (1968-1973)
- Ron Westcott Community Leader: Curling (1965-1969)
- Rick Williamson Community Leader: Judo, Football (1968-1972)
- Bobcat Men’s Hockey Team (1980-81)
- College Caps Football Team (1950-51)
The Dick and Verda McDonald Sports Wall of Fame is located on the second level of BU’s Healthy Living Centre. The display features team pictures, artifacts, and uniforms from past teams and athletes of Brandon University and Brandon College.
Tickets for the Wall of Fame brunch on Saturday, October 14 at the Victoria Inn Imperial Ballroom can be purchased from the Customer Service Centre at the Healthy Living Centre for $50.
Tables of eight can be reserved for $350, and those travelling from outside of Brandon can reserve tickets by calling (204) 727-7354.