If this isn't part of your daily routine, you are already behind the 8 ball when it comes to weight loss and toning up. Having a 4 litre jug makes it easy to keep track of your daily intake. Everyone needs to get to the bottom of one of these everyday. I'm not going to lie, it's a challenge to finish the first few days but after a week it will be easy. Here's what you need to know about hydrating.
1. Your brain, blood, muscle tissue and organs are made up of 70% plus water. It is understandable why you don't feel good or function properly when dehydrated.
2. Water is 0 calories and gives you a full feeling which curbs appetite and replaces sugary drinks. Drinking lots of water before a meal will decrease your food consumption.
3. Water helps your organs function properly. Your organs remove toxins from your body which make you healthier.
4. Water aids with food digestion allowing your body to absorb the vitamins minerals proteins and carbs it needs while getting rid of the unhealthy fats you don't.
5. Drinking water revs up your metabolism. Dehydration is your body's enemy. It slows down metabolism and body functioning. As a matter of fact, your body will slow down metabolism to conserve energy when you haven't drank enough water. Your body needs adequate amount of water to function properly, especially during exercise and Dehydration inhibits the fat burning process.
If you have any questions, let me know. Stay tuned for my next fitness tip on "How resistance training is your key to weight loss and why you should stop killing yourself running on the treadmill"