Mealshare, a national social enterprise on a mission to help end youth hunger, is thrilled to announce its new ongoing national partnership with A&W Canada. For every Mealshare Item purchased at an A&W location, one simple healthy meal will be provided to a youth in need.
Scope of partnership:
• The partnership has a goal of sharing 1,250,000 meals per year
• All of A&W’s locations are participating – 1,000 locations stretching across the entire country.
• Meals are provided through Mealshare’s network of 450 local charity partners across Canada. 80% of Mealshare’s financial support stays in local communities where the Mealshare Item was purchased, and 20% goes internationally to Save the Children.
How the program works for A&W customers:
• On ‘Mealshare Mondays’, customers can order a Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger Combo and one meal will be provided to a youth in need through Mealshare.
• Any day of the week, customers can “Make it a Mealshare” by adding $1.00 to their order. When customers do this, one meal will be provided to a youth in need through Mealshare.
• Customers can participate in-restaurant, through drive-thru, or by using the mobile app.
“A&W is an amazing organization and a leader in the industry through its many environmental and social initiatives,” says Jeremy Bryant, Co-Founder of Mealshare. “The support of A&W restaurants will make a huge impact for Mealshare and all the youth we support across the entire country”.
“Our national partnership with Mealshare will help us make a bigger difference with our operators and their teams across the country. Local franchisees from coast to coast are excited to be a part of this program because they’ve seen first-hand the needs in their communities and how these programs can provide immediate benefit and support,” says Susan Senecal, Chief Executive Officer at A&W Canada. “No child should ever go hungry, especially in a country like Canada, so we’re thrilled that we can be a part of this initiative.”