On May 2nd, 2019, Brandon police became involved in a CDSA investigation which led to the arrest of six individuals, all of whom, are in custody and will appear in Brandon Court on May 3rd, 2019. In the initial portion of this investigation, police conducted a vehicle stop which led to the seizure of 11 oz of Meth (potential maximum street value of $ 30,800) as well as a quantity of Canadian currency. A second vehicle was also stopped a short period of time later leading to the seizure of 4 oz of Heroin (potential maximum street value of $56,000). A short time after the second vehicle stop, a 28 year old Brandon woman was stopped and found in possession of 71 grams of Meth (potential maximum street value of $42,000.00) as well as a can of bear spray. Police then conducted a Search Warrant on a residence in the west end of Brandon which led to a further seizure of 9 oz. of Meth and 2 grams of Heroin (with a total potential maximum street value of $ 26,400.00).
As a result of the a/n incident the following individuals were arrested:
- A 45 year old man from Thompson for PPT Heroin,
- A 45 year old man from Brandon for PPT Heroin and Possess Meth as well as Possess Proceeds of Crime,
- A 40 year old man from Winnipeg for PPT Meth, and Proceeds of Crime
- A 28 year old woman from Brandon for PPT Meth, Possession of Heroin, Possess Proceeds of Crime as well as Possess a Prohibited Weapon and Possess Weapon Contrary to a Prohibition Order,
- A 24 year old man from Winnipeg for PPT Meth, Proceeds of Crime as well as Possess,
- A 20 year old man from Thompson for PPT Meth.
Over the last week Brandon Police Officers have been instrumental in the seizure of a large quantity of illicit drugs including Meth, Heroin, and Fentanyl. These illicit drugs have a total potential maximum street value of over $ 453,200.00.
Those who engage in unlawful drug activity ruin communities, families and relationships with loved ones. The Brandon Police Service remains dedicated to enforcing laws against illegal drugs and those who sell them and will continue to make every effort to keep Brandon safe.