1. The Manitoba Summer Fair (June 8-12) tops our list of The Top 5 Things to Do and & See in Brandon for the month of June. The annual attraction draws 1,000's of visitors each summer from Brandon and the surrounding Westman area. The single largest attraction of the fair is the North American Midway featuring such rides as the Sling Shot and the Euro Bungy. Other attractions throughout the event include a demo derby, live entertainment, a kid zone and classic car display. Oh, and mini donuts too.
2. PEAK Boxing Event is set to take place at the Roadhouse inside the Canad Inns on Saturday June the 25th. Organizers are looking to offer a total of 15 bouts with both junior (under 18) and adult matches filling the nights fun. Many local boxers are set to enter the squared circle as well as boxers from Sask., Alberta and parts of the US. The prelims for the juniors are scheduled to get underway at 6:00 pm followed by the adult/main card which is to get underway at 9:00 pm.
3. The Brandon Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament will take place on Wednesday, June the 15h at the Glen Lea Golf & Country Club. It's a shotgun start at 11:30 am followed by dinner at 6:30 pm at the Great Western Roadhouse. Filled with fun challenges and great prizes, the tournament consistently sells out and isn't one to be missed! Last year’s event featured a golf ball cannon which would launch a golf ball approximately 260 yards down the fairway.
4. Who doesn't like to Raise a Little Hell? Canadian rock band and party favorites, Trooper are set to take the stage at The 40 on Saturday, June the 18th. The group is best known for its Canadian hits: We're Here for a Good Time (Not a Long Time)", "The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car", "General Hand Grenade", "3 Dressed Up as a 9", "Janine", "Two for the Show", "Oh, Pretty Lady", and "Santa Maria". Trooper is led by original members, vocalist Roman McGuire and guitarist Brian Smith, and has been performing in sold-out venues across Canada since the early 70's.
5. Heathers the Musical is based on the cult-classic movie, starring Christian Slater and Winona Ryder, from the 80's with really great, rocking music. The Middle Coast will be 'the band' for the show.” The amazing trio of musicians will be joined by Shirley Martin and music director Katherine Sherris. Heathers the Musical is set to take place at the Amphitheater inside the Keystone Centre and will run from June 15th-17th. For a full preview of the event please see Franks McGwire's story at https://bdnmb.ca/bdnmb-live/new-local-theatre-group-gets-risque-with-next-production/224.