Early Monday afternoon, Brandon Fire and Emergency Services and Brandon Police Service responded to the Best West Pet Foods store for a fire.
An air conditioning unit on the top of the building malfunctioned and started smoking. Emergency crews arrived and were able to get the small incident under control quickly. A positive pressure ventilation fan (PPV fan) was set up at the front door to clear the business of smoke.
All businesses in the strip mall were evacuated for precaution, everybody was able to return to their stores within half an hour. Photos by Liam Pattison Photography.