Here are 10 tips for capitalizing on Black Friday travel deals.
1) Dust off your credit card and be prepared to book. Deals are snapped up quickly. Wait a day or two and you'll miss out.
2) Know your travel dates and think into the future. Consider booking your Spring Break vacation now.
3) Take time to research. At the very minimum, read recent Trip Advisor reviews before committing your hard earned money. It's no bargain, if the hotel's a dump.
4) When booking hotel reservations, book through their official site. If your plans change, the chain will generally modify the reservation without hassle. 3rd party sites can be nothing but grief when trying to modify a bargain booking.
5) Don't be discouraged if you don't find a Black Friday deal you love. On-line travel deals continue on through Cyber Monday.
6) Follow your favourite brands on Twitter. Like Marriott Hotels? Holiday Inns? Then follow them and be among the first to know about their offers.
7) Read the fine print. Some hotel bargains require full pre-payment.
8) Look back at last year's offers. This will help you predict the deals and give you time to research in advance. For example, Hyatt Hotels offered 25% off bookings, up to a year in advance.
9) Book a repeat visit. Take the stress out of a picking a new destination on short notice, or gambling on a bargain. Instead choose a tried and true favourite. You already know you love it, so if you see a price you can live with, then it's an easy winner.
10. Find a hot deal, but you have to pass? Well, pass it on too! Share your finds with your friends. Maybe it's the right deal for someone else.
You're always invited to stop by SheTalksTravel.com. The latest travel deals are posted there, including a bargain to Varadero, Cuba at just $655! (Hotel, flights, taxes and tropical drinks included.)