(City of Brandon PSA)
City of Brandon Planning & Buildings Department is launching “Our City Photo Contest” as part of the Brandon City Plan Project. Local photographers are invited to share a photo of our city for a chance to have their work featured as part of the Brandon City Plan’s marketing materials, including publication materials, the project website, and on the City’s social media platforms. The grand winner will also receive a $100 gift certificate from a local vendor.
How To Enter the Contest
- Submit up to three (3) digital photographs taken in Brandon via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Our City Photo Contest”
- Each email submission must include the following:
- up to three (3) photos at a max file size of 10 MB each
- location of photo
- description of photo
- your first and last name
- the first three letters of your postal code
- Be creative and have fun!
All photos submitted to the City through the “Our City Photo Contest” are subject to the Terms and Conditions and Contest Rules as outlined below. By submitting photo(s) as part of this contest, you confirm that you have read and agree to the following Terms & Conditions and Contest Rules.
Our City Photo Contest Terms & Conditions:
- Acknowledge that the submitted photo is your original work
- Grant the City of Brandon the right to use, scale, crop, or alter the colour of your photos for the purpose of marketing the Brandon City Plan and for subsequent display on the Brandon City Plan website, publication materials, and other documents related to the project without further contact or compensation from the City of Brandon. The City will provide a photo credit.
- The City of Brandon reserves the non-exclusive rights to use any of the shortlisted photos for any future internal or external communications, advertising, branding, or commercial applications related to the Brandon City Plan.
- Information submitted to email@example.com will be stored in order to enable the City of Brandon to use information as part of the Brandon City Plan. The City of Brandon may keep certain submitted data for statistical and analytical purposes. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for other purposes, unless permitted by FIPPA. This information is protected by the Protection of Privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and/or use of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our City Photo Contest Rules:
- Our City Photo Contest runs from November 14, 2022 to November 25, 2022 (“Contest Period”)
- Photographers of all abilities are welcome
- Photographers must be a resident of Brandon or a surrounding municipality
- Must be 18+ or have a parental consent to enter if under 18 years old
- If there are any person(s) included in your photo(s), you have a signed copy of the photograph, video and voice recording consent, waiver, indemnity and release form
- Photos must be taken within the City of Brandon limits
- We accept photos in digital format only and they must be in .JPG format only (.zip files are not accepted)
- File size of each photo must be less than 10MB
- Photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Photos submitted through another method will not be reviewed or entered into the contest.
- If your photo is selected as the winning photo, you will be contacted via the email address as used for your submission
- City staff will shortlist the photos. Shortlisted photos will be entered into the contest, showcased on brandon.ca/cityplan and on the City’s Facebook account. Shortlisted photos may also be used in some City Plan publication materials.
- The public will be invited to like their favourite photo from December 1st to December 16th at 12:00 noon on the City of Brandon’s Facebook account. The photo that receives the most likes will be proclaimed as the Grand Winner on Monday, December 19th, 2022.
- The City will provide a photo credit for all photos used on the City Plan publication materials, project website, and on the City’s social media platforms.